The Packers prioritized pass defense in the early rounds before picking up some receiving help for two-time NFL MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers on the third and final day of the 2018 NFL draft.
Looking to improve their pass defense, the Packers selected Louisville's Jaire Alexander in the first round on Thursday and Iowa's Josh Jackson, who led the nation with eight interceptions last year, in the second on Friday.
On Saturday, Day 3 of the draft, Green Bay addressed its passing game by adding three receivers − Missouri's J'Mon Moore, South Florida's Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Notre Dame's Equanimeous St. Brown.
Find out more below about the 11 players first-year general manager Brian Gutekunst selected in the draft to help improve the roster for head coach Mike McCarthy:
Jaire Alexander − first round (No. 18 overall)
Josh Jackson − second round (No. 45)
Oren Burks − third round (No. 88)
J'Mon Moore − fourth round (No. 133)
Cole Madison − fifth round (No. 138)
JK Scott − fifth round (No. 172)
Marquez Valdes-Scantling − fifth round (No. 174)
Equanimeous St. Brown − sixth round (No. 207)
James Looney − seventh round (No. 232)
Hunter Bradley − seventh round (No. 239)
Kendall Donnerson − seventh round (No. 248)
As featured on
Still, Brian Gutekunst made it clear that he was calling the shots in the 2018 NFL draft — the first in 13 years that Ted Thompson, who transitioned into an advisory role this offseason, didn’t run.
Only two edge pass rushers — North Carolina State's Bradley Chubb at No. 5 and Texas-San Antonio's Marcus Davenport at No. 14 — were taken in the top 40 picks. That's a stunningly low number in a league in which a pass rush off the edge is as good as gold.
Among their picks, the Packers added Missouri’s J’Mon Moore (fourth round, No. 133), South Florida’s Marquez Valdes-Scantling (fifth round, No. 174) and Notre Dame’s Equanimeous St. Brown (sixth round, No. 207).
- Get to know the 32 players taken in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft
- Tom Oates: New Packers GM Brian Gutekunst makes bold opening statement
- Green Bay Packers get CB Jaire Alexander — and a future first-round pick — on wild night for rookie GM Brian Gutekunst
- Former Badgers linebacker Chris Borland says doctor 'may have saved my life'
- Explore the Green Bay Packers' 2018 regular-season schedule
- Updated: Tracking the Packers' major roster moves ahead of the 2018 season
- Milwaukee Bucks' playoff win over Boston Celtics features surprise from Aaron Rodgers
- Ex-Packer Ahman Green avoids jail, gets probation in plea deal in child abuse case
- Packers begin season at home against Bears, end season at home against Lions
- Tom Oates: Packers' first two picks echo of 2015
- Packers add cornerback, linebacker on Day 2 of NFL draft
- NFL draft preview: A position-by-position look at the Green Bay Packers' needs
- For new Packers GM Brian Gutekunst, NFL draft can’t start soon enough
- Throwback photos: Explore images from the Green Bay Packers' early years
- Most important Packers? Green Bay's fate rests on more than just a healthy Aaron Rodgers
- Get ready for Packers season with a position-by-position breakdown of the roster
- Photos: Packers players get a lift from young fans as training camp kicks off