The Packers held a news conference on Wednesday to welcome new head coach Matt LaFleur to Green Bay.
The 39-year-old first-time head coach reportedly agreed to a four-year contract, with the option for a fifth year, on Tuesday night after arriving in Green Bay.
As featured on
Packers president Mark Murphy and general manager Brian Gutekunst — especially Murphy — are banking their reputations on LaFleur.
More than anything else, LaFleur’s success or failure as the 15th coach in the Packers’ storied 100-year history will be decided by just how well his two-time NFL MVP plays after a down year.
"I know he's a smart guy, and we'll just have to see how he approaches his new job," the defensive lineman said. "It's going to be exciting to get a new, fresh voice in here, no matter if he's offensive- or defensive-minded."
- Tom Oates: New Packers coach Matt LaFleur must get Aaron Rodgers to buy into his program
- As Bart Starr turns 85, take a look back at the Packers legend's 2015 visit to Lambeau Field
- As Matt LaFleur arrives, Packers plan to keep defensive coordinator Mike Pettine
- In new head coach Matt LaFleur, Packers hope they have NFL’s next young, innovative offensive mind
- Reports of Packers' decision to hire Matt LaFleur as head coach set Twitter ablaze
- After bevy of road interviews, Packers inch closer to their next head coach
- Cody Parkey hits upright again, Bears lose to Eagles to cap wild wild card weekend
- Tom Oates: Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst needs to crush it in April's NFL draft
- Next Packers coach’s mission: Make Aaron Rodgers great again
- Photos: Packers' 2018 season in pictures
- Despite Packers’ history with offensive-minded head coaches, could they get defensive with next hire?
- Marcedes Lewis details tension he saw between Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy in Green Bay
- Packers' left tackle David Bakhtiari voted All-Pro for 3rd time
- As James Campen departs, offensive linemen express appreciation, disappointment
- It's official: Packers hire Nathaniel Hackett as offensive coordinator
- Brian Gutekunst adds Milt Hendrickson, former Pecatonica star, to Packers' senior scouting staff
- Packers reunite Mike Smith with Mike Pettine with latest coaching hire on defense
- In Matt LaFleur, Rams say Packers are getting ‘great coach, great mind’
- With staff nearing completion, new Packers coach Matt LaFleur gets ready to get to work
- Youth movement: Packers expect ‘energy’ and ‘relatability’ from new, young coaching staff
The Beer Baron has set the brackets for 2018. Check out his seeds, study the match-ups, and vote for your favorites!