Pre-game festivities for the Wisconsin Badgers' season opener football game against Western Kentucky in Madison on Friday, Aug. 31, 2018.
As featured on
While the Badgers’ vaunted offense didn’t pile on points right away, fourth-ranked Wisconsin still eased past Western Kentucky, 34-3, to open one of its most anticipated seasons ever.
State Journal columnist Tom Oates grades the Wisconsin Badgers' performance in their 34-3 victory over the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in their season opener on Friday night at Camp Randall.
State Journal reporter Jason Galloway looks at what happened off the playing field on Friday night at Camp Randall Stadium in the Badgers' season opener against Western Kentucky.
- Tom Oates: Badgers' road schedule challenging, home schedule weak
- Badgers defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard has found winning formula
- T.J. Edwards’ return boosts inexperienced Badgers defense
- Wisconsin cornerback Dontye Carriere-Williams announces he'll leave Badgers
- Badgers cornerbacks Caesar Williams, Faion Hicks face in-season battle to retain starting roles
- Badgers to face Ohio State in four straight seasons from 2022-2025