With the Badgers' sights set on reaching the College Football Playoff for the first time, Jim Polzin breaks down the teams on Wisconsin's 2018 schedule.
As featured on
The Hilltoppers, who open the season against the No. 4 Badgers Friday night, list five players as co-starters at running back.
UW averaged 33.8 points per game — the sixth-best mark in school history — last season and 10 of the 11 players who started against Miami (Fla.) in the Orange Bowl are back.
Carriere-Williams tweeted Wednesday night that he's been granted a full release just two days before UW opens its season against Western Kentucky at Camp Randall Stadium.
- Tom Oates: Badgers have built a College Football Playoff contender
- Badgers running back Jonathan Taylor a top candidate for Heisman Trophy
- Tom Oates: Scandals steal focus from playoff potential in Big Ten
- The Red Zone podcast: Post-camp Badgers football mailbag
- Get to know the Wisconsin Badgers' 2019 football recruiting class
- Wisconsin backup quarterback Jack Coan makes strides in sophomore season
- Caesar Williams, Faion Hicks to start at cornerback for Badgers against Western Kentucky
- Cole Van Lanen continues to push Jon Dietzen at left tackle
- Tom Oates: UW has chance to show it truly does athletics the right way
- 'Quintez is innocent' says attorney for Badgers wide receiver
- Badgers wide receiver Danny Davis suspended two games for involvement in alleged sexual assault
- Pregame Primer: Wisconsin vs. Western Kentucky
- Video: Paul Chryst says there's 'nothing like game week'
- Badgers defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard has found winning formula
- Get ready for Badgers season with a position-by-position breakdown of UW's roster
- Who has the edge as Wisconsin Badgers host Western Kentucky Hilltoppers?
- Wisconsin Badgers ease to 34-3 victory over Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in season opener
- Photos: Wisconsin Badgers 34, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 3
- Tom Oates: Grading Badgers' performance in season-opening win over Hilltoppers
- Seen and heard at Camp Randall in Badgers' opener against Hilltoppers
- Quick hits from Wisconsin Badgers' win over Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
- Tom Oates: Badgers' inexperienced defense steps up in win over Hilltoppers
- Badgers get creative after injuries leave them shorthanded at tight end
- Fans weigh in on Twitter as Badgers beat Hilltoppers to open season
- Who has the edge as Wisconsin Badgers host New Mexico Lobos?
- Defensive adjustments, turnovers lead to big second half for Badgers in win over Lobos
- Photos: Wisconsin Badgers 45, New Mexico Lobos 14
- Quick hits from Wisconsin Badgers' win over New Mexico Lobos
- Tom Oates: Grading Badgers' performance against Lobos
- Badgers receiver A.J. Taylor not letting career day go to his head
- Badgers fullback Alec Ingold comes up big as Wisconsin beats New Mexico
- Tom Oates: Jonathan Taylor comes alive after fumble to help power Badgers past Lobos
- Seen and heard at Camp Randall as Badgers defeat Lobos
- Fans flock to Twitter to critique Badgers' play against Lobos
- Who has the edge as Wisconsin Badgers host BYU Cougars?
- BYU Cougars shock sixth-ranked Wisconsin Badgers at Camp Randall
- Seen and heard at Camp Randall as Wisconsin Badgers fall to BYU Cougars
- Quick hits from Wisconsin Badgers' loss to BYU Cougars
- Badgers offense falters against physical Cougars defense
- Tom Oates: Badgers need to bounce back quickly from stunning loss to Cougars
- Andrew Van Ginkel's injury shakes up Badgers defense
- Fans take to Twitter to vent after Badgers upset by Cougars