Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Pressure cooker explodes, nobody hurt in North Side incident, Madison Fire says

Pressure cooker explodes, nobody hurt in North Side incident, Madison Fire says

Madison Fire Department truck

A pressure cooker exploded Saturday night in a North Side apartment, with nobody injured in the incident.

The explosion was reported at about 7:50 p.m. in an apartment in the 1500 block of Troy Drive, the Madison Fire Department said.

Fire alarms were sounding and residents were evacuating from the apartment building as fire units arrived.

"The occupant said he was using the pressure cooker, which was on the electric stove, when the lid blew off without warning," said spokeswoman Cynthia Schuster.

The occupant said there was no noise coming from the pressure release valve nor any other signs that something was wrong.

The lid damaged the ceiling of the kitchen and the pot caused damage to the oven and kitchen cabinets.

"The pressure from the blast also broke out the glass of a patio door and displaced two doors in an interior hallway," Schuster said.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Badger Sports

Breaking News

Crime

Politics