Try 1 month for 99¢
Fire stock

TOWN OF SUN PRAIRIE -- A house fire that started inside a chimney from a basement wood-burning stove Sunday afternoon caused damage estimated at $50,000 but no injuries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.

The homeowner and several guests were able to safely escape the fire, reported about 4:20 p.m. at a house in the 3000 block of Burke Road. The Sun Prairie and Cottage Grove fire departments also responded to the fire, which did not appear to be suspicious, authorities said.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
2
0
0
0
0

Karen Rivedal is the education beat reporter for the Wisconsin State Journal.