Fourteen Madison area entries are among 25 finalists selected for the Wisconsin Governor's Business Plan Contest.
Ideas that made the latest cut cover a range of industries, from fishing products to educational tools for parents' use to a mobile game for trade shows.
They were chosen from among 248 entries submitted in January and have survived two rounds of competition so far. Winners will be announced at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Conference in Milwaukee, June 5 and 6. About $200,000 in cash and in-kind prizes will be awarded.
Entries were submitted in four categories: advanced manufacturing, business services, information technology and life sciences.
Contestants have submitted full business plans for review by a panel of more than 60 judges established by the Wisconsin Technology Council.
The finalists' executive summaries as well as those filed by semifinalists are available for inspection by accredited investors through the Wisconsin Angel Network, which has more than 25 member angel networks, private equity funds or corporate strategic partners.
Madison area finalists:
• Ankit Agarwal, Imbed Biosciences, Madison
• Rimas Buinevicius, RoWheels, Madison
• Mike Goodman, Retail Prescription Filling, Madison
• Brian Jensen, Fishidy.com, Madison
• Chris Johnson, Pilot Training System, Middleton
• Aaron Larner, Style Shuffler, Madison
• Aleia McCord, Waste 2 Energy, Madison
• Frederick Montgomery, Novel Nitric Oxide Treatment, Middleton
• Connie Nadler, Smart in a Box, Madison
• Nathan Patterson, PolarD — Radiant 3D Printers, Madison
• Dan Reed, Revolutionary Fishing Software, Madison
• Justin Reed, Capacitive Exciter, Madison
• Robert Shimmel, NCD Technologies, Madison
• Woody Wallace, Cloud Machine, Madison
• William Bazeley, NexVex Home Services Exchange, Whitewater
• Joseph Scanlin, Scanalytics, Whitewater
• Joshua Curry, NutriGenix, Milwaukee
• Bill Finn, BoothTag, Milwaukee
• Christopher Kemp, Soil & Sediment Clean-up, Milwaukee
• John Bender, Simple Campus, Sussex
• Nick Maris and Tom Shannon, Reza-Band UES Assist device, Mequon
• Peter Petit, V-Glass Vacuum Insulated Glass, Pewaukee
• Dave Westlake, Print Command, Delafield
• Ryan Dover, LocalGrown, Lake Geneva
• Jeff Leismer, VibeTech, Sheboygan