Finalists have been announced for the seventh annual Wisconsin Governor's Business Plan Contest.
The contest, which began in late January with 284 entries, is operated by the Wisconsin Technology Council, in conjunction with the Wisconsin Innovation Network, the Wisconsin Angel Network and other affiliates.
The 21 plans selected for the final round will be joined by the winner of the Northeast Wisconsin Business Plan Contest and by the winners of two university-based contests. Eleven of the finalists are from the Madison area.
Contestants will submit a 20-page business plan for review by a panel of 79 judges.
The finalists' executive summaries as well as those filed by semi-finalists are available for inspection by accredited investors through the Wisconsin Angel Network, which has 25 member angel networks, private equity funds or corporate strategic partners.
First prize in the statewide contest is worth $50,000 in cash and services. Prize winners will be announced June 8-9 at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Conference in Milwaukee.
The finalists are:
• Roxanne Allaire, Free Energy System, New Berlin
• Jim Blair, FlexTec Managed Virtual Network, Madison
• Kristin Benson Ellsworth, Peeps Eyewear (child vision), Madison
• Mohammad Yusuf Haroon, AdPorts.com, Madison
• Patrick Heaney, NCD Technologies (nano-coatings), Madison
• William Henry, SLAM (software-as-service), Madison
• Pramote Hochareon, Isolated heart cooling device, Vadnais Heights, Minn.
• Karl Holt, Aero-Stream Septic Remediation, Hartland
• Rick Hood, Green Isle Resources (biodiesel), Appleton
• Aaron Larner, Viz Chart EMR Software, Madison
• Jeff LeDuc, SolarWindow, Appleton
• Jim Maerzke, Lever-propelled DCD wheelchair, Kenosha
• Dan Nickchen, Liveyearbook, Greenville
• Rishi Shah, Flying Cart (web application), Waukesha
• Ryan Shepherd, Phyllotech (ag-biotech), Madison
• Nancy Sielaff, Population Manager (software), Madison
Gurindar Sohi, Multicore Software, Madison
• Craig Tarr, Solar for Indoor Pools, Hudson
• Joe Vosters, Friendly Bed Systems, Appleton
• Bryan Woodhouse, S.E.W.S. (medical training), Edgerton
• Alexy Zdanovsky, Alpha Universe (pathogen detectors), Madison
Northeast Wisconsin Business Plan Contest entry: Jeff Leismer, VibeTech, Sheboygan