The Madison area might see the first accumulating snowfall of the season Saturday night.
The National Weather Service forecast said up to a half-inch of snow could fall, accompanied by rain and drizzle as the low only drops to freezing.
Snow could start up early Saturday afternoon in Madison, mixing with rain around game time at Camp Randall Stadium.
The day-to-day outlook:
- Friday night: Mostly cloudy, low around 27.
- Saturday: A 50 percent chance of snow between noon and 2 p.m., then a mix of rain and snow, high near 36.
- Saturday night: A 60 percent chance of rain and snow before 1 a.m., then a chance of drizzle, low around 32.
- Sunday: A chance of drizzle before 7 a.m., then gradually becoming sunny, high near 40.
- Sunday night: Partly cloudy, low around 28.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, high near 43.
- Monday night: Partly cloudy, low around 34.
- Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of rain and snow showers between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m., then rain after 8 a.m., high near 48.
- Tuesday night: A 60 percent chance of showers between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m., low around 40.
- Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers, otherwise mostly sunny, high near 49.
- Wednesday night: Mostly clear, low around 35.
- Thursday: A 30 percent chance of rain and snow showers, high near 50.