Jason Galloway explores the matchup between the Wisconsin Badgers and Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in the teams' season opener on Friday night at Camp Randall Stadium.
As featured on
Carriere-Williams tweeted Wednesday night that he's been granted a full release just two days before UW opens its season against Western Kentucky at Camp Randall Stadium.
The two surprisingly beat out the more experienced Dontye Carriere-Williams, who announced Wednesday night that he's leaving the program, for first-team spots over the final two weeks of camp.
All of the Badgers' road opponents — Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Penn State and Purdue — had winning records last year. But UW's home foes — Western Kentucky, New Mexico, BYU, Nebraska, Illinois, Rutgers and Minnesota — all had losing records.
- Tom Oates: Badgers have all ingredients for offense to be special
- Western Kentucky comes to Camp Randall Stadium with logjam in backfield
- Get the inside scoop on the Badgers' opponents in 2018
- Tom Oates: Badgers have built a College Football Playoff contender
- Tom Oates: Scandals steal focus from playoff potential in Big Ten
- Season ticket sales slip for Wisconsin Badgers football, surge for volleyball
- Badgers to face Ohio State in four straight seasons from 2022-2025
- Get ready for Badgers season with a position-by-position breakdown of UW's roster
- Badgers defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard has found winning formula
- The Red Zone podcast: Bold predictions for the Badgers' 2018 season
- Get to know the Wisconsin Badgers' 2019 football recruiting class
- Badgers running back Jonathan Taylor a top candidate for Heisman Trophy