Type of Fire: Electrical, Dispatch: 11/01/2019, Address: 4200 Block Jerome StreetMadison, WI, Narrative: A fire that flared up in the “junk drawer” of an east side home is believed to be caused by an exposed 9-volt battery coming into contact with a metal object. Engine Company 14 responded to the 4200 block of Jerome Street, where homeowners said they noticed smoke coming from a drawer in their kitchen. When they opened it up, flames flared up. They removed the drawer from the kitchen, took it...

This content was contributed by a user of the site. If you believe this content may be in violation of the terms of use, you may report it.

Listen up!

Sign up for our Podcasts email!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.