For the past four months, the Cap Times' podcast all about city government and local affairs has been tackling the spring election in Madison. Now, the ballots are in, the votes have been totaled, and Madison is set to swear in a new mayor, City Council and school board.
On this quick-and-dirty recap of the spring election, Erik, Lisa and special guest Negassi Tesfamichael talk about the victory of Satya Rhodes-Conway in the race for mayor, the election of an all-woman school board, and a City Council where nearly half of all alders will be fresh faces.
You can listen to the episode below:
If you're hungry for a deeper look at the election, great news: the Madsplainers is hosting its first ever live show on Tuesday night at the High Noon Saloon, featuring the mayor-elect herself Satya Rhodes-Conway. Learn more about the event here.
Here are some Cap Times articles on the election:
- Excitement accompanies historic turnover on Madison City Council
- Analysis: Where Satya Rhodes-Conway got the votes that won the Madison mayor's race
- For some Madison voters, it was just time for Soglin to go
- Paul Soglin supporters witness the end of an era
- With over 61% of the vote, Rhodes-Conway defeats Soglin to become Madison's next mayor
Also listen to our previous episodes on the mayoral race:
In the meantime, please let us know what you think of this podcast! Email show producer Erik Lorenzsonn at email@example.com with your thoughts.