They're the "Click and Clack" of Wisconsin politics. Scott Milfred, editorial page editor for the Wisconsin State Journal, and Phil Hands, the newspaper's political cartoonist, analyze the most important issues and debates from the Badger State with political independence and a sense of humor. Instead of tedious talking points from the left and the right, "Center Stage" broadcasts from the sensible center with audio clips from the Wisconsin Capitol, from State Journal editorial board meetings, and from political events across the state.
As featured on
In this week's political podcast, Milfred and Hands assess the Super Tuesday results and look ahead to Wisconsin's April 7 primary. Biden is leading and has his mojo back. He'll need it, and maybe then some, to win the White House.
The chances he would die over a four-year term of office are roughly 1 in 3
In this week's political podcast, Milfred and Hands celebrate election victories for the sensible center of Wisconsin politics
- Scott Walker: High stakes in race for Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Camouflage cannot halt the Grim Reaper — State Journal editorial from 101 years ago
- Richie Swanson: The view from Bea's bench at Trempeleau refuge is grand
- Judy Nagel: End pay-to-play politics to speed recovery from the coronavirus crisis
- Dallas Morning News: Ahmaud Arbery’s killing is a cause of righteous rage at an indifferent justice system
- Ryan D. Jayne: Coronavirus should end Wisconsin’s non-medical vaccine exemptions
- Oxen missing, hay wanted, dental surgery offered twice a year -- Madison Express advertisements from 175 years ago