Twelve promising business concepts have been chosen for a face-off before a panel of judges at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Conference in Milwaukee next week, and eight are from the Madison area.
They will compete for a total of $200,000 of cash and in-kind prizes in the fourth and final round of the Governor's Business Plan Contest.
Local contenders and their companies or concepts are:
• Ankit Agarwal, Imbed Biosciences, Madison.
• Rimas Buinevicius, RoWheels, Madison.
• Chris Johnson, Pilot Training System, Middleton.
• Aaron Larner, Style Shuffler, Madison.
• Frederick Montgomery, Novel Nitric Oxide treatment, Middleton.
• Dan Reed, Strategic Fishing Systems, Madison.
• Justin Reed, C-Motive Technologies, Madison.
• Robert Shimmel, NCD Technologies, Madison.
Finalists from outside Dane County are:
• John Bender, Simple Campus, Sussex.
• Ryan Dover, LocalGrown, Lake Geneva.
• Christopher Kemp, Soil & Sediment Clean-up, Milwaukee.
• Nick Maris, Reza-Band UES assist device.
The finalists will each have seven minutes to pitch their business ideas, whose fields range from fashion to fishing, from wound healing to wheelchairs.
Nearly 250 entries were submitted to the contest, produced by the Wisconsin Technology Council. Winners will be announced at the conference's closing luncheon on Wednesday, June 6, at the Pfister Hotel.